Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Words from the Emcee: Down where it's wetter, that's where it's better, take it from me!

Contrary to my expression, I am loving this!
Ok, so this post isn't one of my theological reflection moments, but I had to talk about how much fun today was.

First off, check out Wichita's blog post about the rally today. The last two days, the group has been split up, so we've played two games of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" skits of pulling the random lines out of your pocket. Tuesday was hilarious, but I think we had funnier lines to pick from on Wednesday. Well...maybe not so much that the lines were funnier, they just happened at funnier times.
"Jesus loves me this I know, are your feet tired, cause you've been running through my mind all day."
"Of course, you know the theme of BUMP this year is, 'Girls, please shave your legs so I don't puke.'"
"I think I should get it because I'm a child of God...and I'm falling in love with you."
So after a fun rally time, I headed over to Faith EFC where Pella and Omaha are working, or as I have dubbed them, "Pomaha." And you better believe I hashtagged that on Twitter! We had a fun afternoon of weeding and chopping and pulling and digging in a community garden. Thankfully, I don't believe anyone was stung by the bees flying around.

After a brief stop at home, I returned to the site during the VBS. If you know my personality, you know it doesn't take me long to gravitate to the game time. I have what the kids call, "a ridiculous amount of stored energy" (I'm kind of Newton's second law). Luckily during BUMP week, I'm in good company.

I mean no disrespect to the group at Payne EFC, because this game was a load of fun there, too. But when I played "Drip, Drip, Drop!" at Payne, it was very modest amounts of water in a cup. At Faith, we had a giant car sponge...full of water. At first, I just took it all in visually as Sam (leader for Omaha) took it all in absorption-ally. But when he had to leave to towel off, I stepped in. I love a good game. Best quote of the game:
"PLEASE GET ME!!!! PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE GET ME!!!! I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND FOREVER!!!!"
It just does to show you that kids do not care about getting absolutely drenched when it's 100 degrees out...and neither does BUMP staff.
"Drip, Drip, Drop!" is your classic game of "Duck, Duck, Goose!" with a little moisture. Although the drips were more like wringing out the whole sponge on someone's head. Oh, and for you Minnesotans reading the blog, it's like "Duck, Duck, Gray Duck!" (You guys are the only people in the world that call it that. Get with the program!)

 Enjoy the day off tomorrow, ya'll, you've earned it!
--Luke "L-Dub" Widbin
 
 

1 comment:

  1. there will be more pictures of everyone during this game up on the Facebook page soon! they're all priceless!

    ReplyDelete