Wednesday, July 20, 2011

East E. Free Wednesday @ CrossCultural EFC


We played a game like “Whose line is it anyways?” at the rally. Our group was lucky enough to get to write the lines that got pulled out of the commentators pocket which consisted of – “Girls shave their legs so I don’t puke”, “Can I have your number cause I lost mine?”, “Are your feet tired cause you’ve been running through my mind allll day”, “I am your father”, “I’m awesome at the air guitar, wana see?”, “Cheese lovers unite”, “Get in my car, I lost my puppy and I can’t find it.”, and “I think I’m in love with you”. Now I saved the best for last – “I think I’m in love with you” because it was by far the funniest (YES that’s a word). So James gets called on stage to play this game with two other girls and they were role playing as people interviews for the last BUMP skit job. When they got to James the second time the commentator asked James why he deserves this job. James then goes on to say “Because I am a child of GOD…(Pulls out his line card) and..because I think I’m in love with you. “ It was great. Probably the funniest moment of the day!
After lunch we headed over to the church and we started our service projects. Some of us had to either pull out carpet, paint walls, or clean out the nursery. It was really cool to see how Stacey was amazed to see how hard we were all working to just get the job done and how quickly we did it too. Then one of the best parts of the day came around. We got to eat some Hmong food for dinner. I’ll just give you a hint. AWESOME!!!!!!!!! They had sticky rice, normal chicken, spicy chicken, a salad, some interesting drinks, and some spring rolls.
Then VBS started. We went out and gathered children “Parade Style” like we do every night and we brought them back to the church. Altogether we had about 55 kids show up tonight. There were many ways that we all saw God work through the VBS tonight. In one class during lesson time there were some amazing things happening. Gretta, who accepted Christ the other night, went home and talked to her mom and came back and told Holly that her mom had accepted Christ as well. Also there was another girl in that same class that accepted Christ but the name doesn’t seem to be processing  through my head right now, and there was another girl named Marissa that accepted Christ as her personal LORD and Savior as well. That’s 6 for the week!!!!!! Anyways we dismissed VBS and tried to go and eat ice cream together but sadly the place was packed so we just went back to the Dorms and got some fudge bars.
Just an update on the weather. A cold front has finally come through and it feels soooooooooo GOOOD!!! It’s supposed to drop 12 degrees!(:  Anyways that’s all for Wednesday.
GOOD LUCK TROY!!! (inside joke, ya had to be there)
EEFC  (by Leon Edwards)

No comments:

Post a Comment