Sunday, July 17, 2011

Riverside EFC gets started

RIVERSIDSE EFC - The group from HOPE EFC arrived on Saturday and got started with preparations for the week. After dropping equipment and supplies off, we went to check in which was interesting.  Besides the heat that we all had to deal with and finding fans for the rooms, we were thrown a curve when we picked up our t-shirts for the week.  It was decided that all BUMPers would wear their shirts to church on Sunday in order to promote VBS a bit.  However, I had indicated during training to the kids to bring some nice clothes for church.  When we were told to wear the t-shirts, the girls were most displeased as many of them had purchased a dress or a skirt for church.  When asked if they wanted to wear t-shirts for church, they in unison all said "NO!"  So remind them when they get home - they just may be willing to wear them there!

During training our key word we went over every time was "Flexible"  in that we needed to be flexible to adapt to anything that would come up and make do with what we have.  Little did I realize that I would have to apply this first.  I was asked to preach both Sundays while here and today's message was on Isaiah 6 - Send Me!  Many "Amen's" were heard.  But prior to that, I was getting dressed in the dorm and found that I brought my suit, shirt tie, shoes, but no pants!  I had looked at them before I left but simply did not pack them.  So I got to preach for the first time in the only pair of pants I brought - blue jeans.  I still wore the nice shirt and tie and Pastor Prince said he liked the tie - so I guess that meant something. 

Cory and Katie S performed the skit "Bus Stop" in the service that challenged people to share their faith with others and not be so concerned about being afraid to tell others about the Gospel or not saying anything so as to not offend anyone to the point where you never say anything about the truth to others.  They did a fantastic job and someone came up to compliment them on their timing and delivery and to speak of how impactful the skit was. 

Audra D led the Narrow Road band in the worship service today including Josh S, Sasha L, Abby I, Alli D, and myself.  Lunch after services and some set up for tomorrow but another church needed the facility so we had to clear out and we will finish set up tomorrow.  Opening rally tonight with all the BUMPers from all the sites which is always a fun time. 

Please be in prayer for the weather and that prayer walking at our site and all the sites would be effective in reaching people to come to the VBS, sharing Christ with those we meet on the street and ministering to our local communities. 

I am blessed to have a great team of kids and super go-get-em leaders (Audra, Lori M, Julie C). 

Here am I - send me - may that be the prayer of our team this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment