Tuesday, July 19, 2011

East E. Free Tuesday @ CrossCultural EFC

Oh hey people! Mike had me do the blog today, prepare for a ramble. Today was totally wicked! We started out walking through the heat and humidity to breakfast. The hash browns weren't that great : / After breakfast we went to rally, which was different today than yesterday. We split into two different groups and did a simulation lab. The lab simulated what it was like to have a family of five: mother, father, 11 year old, 2 year old, and a 4 year old. The catch? We were living on the poverty line, $2300 a month (after taxes) to find a home, car, childcare, and abnormal expenses like an eleven-year-old calling Ethiopia for two hours ($160). It totally opened my eyes to the challenges that the poor face. For real, what is gonna happen if I just straight up don't have the cash to pay my rent or can't buy food for my family? Makes me think that I personally should do more to help the poor. During rally, there was this huge thunderstorm, and we had to stay inside like thirty extra minutes. After the storm it was amazing outside, there was little to no humidity for at least an hour! It was glorious :) I must say, Minnesotans make good spaghetti. I would know 'cause I had it for lunch. When we finally got to CrossCultural we ate a ton of candy. I seriously think that dentists in the Wichita area will get extra business because of today. To those reading this from EEFC, thanks for donating candy for the block party. The kids loved it, so do we :) The site leader, Stacy, had some simple stuff for us to do. It's amazing how doing things that seem so little can totally make somebody's day. She had us clean out two old Sunday School rooms and organize them, she was ecstatic when we finished. The little things can make somebody's day. Crazy concept. VBS was totally awesome, as always. God works in such cool ways. 59 kids came, only fourteen of them were from Crosscultural That means that the rest were from the neighborhood.Two little boys were lead to Christ.That pretty much made the whole trip worth it right there. I'm pretty sure we're planting seeds. If we don't see a blossom right now, hopefully the church will water the crop. It's getting late, there's a shower calling my name. Keep up the prayers, we really appreciate them. And I look forward to the encouragement cards everyday. Pretty much everybody here does. It was awesome sharing this with y'all.
In Christ,









Hannah Hewett

No comments:

Post a Comment