Friday, July 19, 2013

Maegan's Blog Post! BUMP- 2013

             My name is Maegan and I've been working with a team in the Twin Cities. We teamed up with a church from Michigan to do a VBS at Cross Cultural Church.  I ended up working with the 3 year olds and preschoolers most of the week and leading music up front. As I walked these little kids around, they were constantly tugging on my clothes, sitting on my lap, playing with my bracelets, and holding my hands. At the beginning it really threw me. I couldn't understand why these little kids were missing games purely to sit, spend time and talk with me. So as the week went on, I came to realize that each of these little kids were so desiring affection and love from someone and they so badly wanted someone to tell their stories to. For these little 3 year olds, it was hard to teach a Bible story to them and help them memorize verses, but suddenly I realized that Christ was able to use me to reach those little kids where a memory verse wasn't quite clicking. Through Him, I had the opportunity to demonstrate Jesus' love.  I was totally taught by the Lord this week that I might not understand my purpose or even where I'm being led, but that He's already gone before me. As long as my sights are set on Him, He'll take me where I'm needed and my job is to listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment