Sunday, July 21, 2013

Atlantic E-Free: Signing Off

Dear friends,

Well, we've reached the end of BUMP. Right now, we're sitting in the white van, listening to Lecrae, on our way back to Iowa. 
Today, we ran the music during the service at Faith. Then we ate our final meal with them, cleaned up a bit, and said goodbye. 
This week, God has impacted all of us in different ways, so I'm going to let my teammates tell you in a few sentences what he did in their lives during BUMP. 
--
Matt Iekel:
God really taught me to rely on Him in everything this week.  As the week started I was stubbornly trying to do what I thought I should, but as the week continued God showed me that he wants me to serve and love the people in the Robbinsdale community.  I also realized that I did a much better job if I was doing what God wanted.

Cassie Hallman:
Our BUMP team this week had a song that we kept playing in the van: Signed Up To Die by Thi'sle. In the song it talks about not having to be afraid of dying because God has everything planned for us. And if we don't have to be afraid of death, then what do we as Christians have to be afraid of? What is there in the world that we cannot trust to God? This impacted me because, on the way here, I had a lot of doubts and worries about the schedule of events, the interaction between the two teams, and the effectiveness of the sports camp. God impressed upon me this week to trust in Him with all of my worries; He had a plan and would take care of His children.

Preston Hoye: 
God has given me and shown me the importance of a serving heart. The week also presented the opportunity to meditate on his word throughout the day which has affected my thoughts and attitude tremendously. I have a new respect for short term missions and the effect they can have on a community.

Josiah Williams: 
God has been moving this week in the Robbinsdale community and it has been awesome having an opportunity to be a part of it. My personal highlight of this week was connecting with the kids that came to the sports camp and teaching them about Christ. Thank you for thinking about us this week and keeping us in your prayers

Reid Nichols:
God has done a lot in the hearts of many people in the Robbinsdale community this past week. Not only in the children but in the hearts of their parents and definitely in the hearts of the church community of the Faith E-Free church. But especially in the lives of the children! It was so cool to see them asking questions with us and getting in deep conversations with us. It was just a pleasure to get to know the kids and to love on them all week. God definitely stretched my team and I, in many ways, but mainly just by getting us out of our comfort zone. But he made sure that we could handle it and our team did a wonderful job at doing whatever we needed to do with all our effort. It was amazing to see how hard our team worked and how well we worked together! God has defiantly been working in our hearts as well. Just being able to see the diversity and the poverty in the city of Minneapolis. Living in a small town such as Atlantic I don't often get to witness that. It really moved me this week. I had an amazing experience this past week. Thank you all who prayed for us and I just ask you to continue to pray for our youth group and the young children of Robbinsdale. God bless.

Hannah McLean:
I've loved being able to watch God move this week. At first, I had doubts that we would have any lasting impact. I thought we'd just have fun with some kids, build a shed, and leave. And while we certainly did have fun and build a shed, we also brought several kids to Jesus. And God also showed me that what matters isn't always the life and world-changing impacts, but the little things, like blessing a church with painted windowsills or spending ten minutes talking to a little boy about his favorite superheroes. God is there even in those seemingly menial tasks. 

Lydia Joseph: 
God's been doing some pretty great things in Minneapolis this week. I didn't have very high expectations for this trip, and God's been showing me how truly in control of everything he is. I didn't think we could contribute anything valuable in one week. But if showing children the love of Christ isn't valuable, then I don't know what is. I could see God working in the lives of the kids at the church and working through us to accomplish what he wanted. And I've been shown this week just how much I should trust God with everything.

Tiffany Williams:
I didn't come into this week expecting very much, but God has really shown me how great He is and that he doesn't always work in the way we expect him to. The best part of my week was probably getting to know the kids. At the beginning  of the week it didn't really seem like God was doing any thing but at the end of the week kids came to Jesus and were asking some really great questions. It showed me that God doesn't work on our time but he has a purpose for everything. Thank you all for your prayers.
--
As you can see, God has done great things, both in Robbinsdale and in our own hearts. Thanks to all of you who were praying for us or thinking of us, and thanks to the organizers of BUMP for making this possible. It's been a great week. 

Signing off one last time,

The Atlantic E-Free Youth Group

Lunch today

Left to right: Kyle, Lydia, Tiffany, Hannah, Cassie, Matt, Preston, Reid, and Josiah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment