Friday, July 19, 2013

Atlantic E-Free: Day 6

Dearest friends,

It's 12:01 and I'm just starting this blog post. We just got back from our final team time, a very emotional but touching time. Because of the late hour, this will not be a very long post, but I do have some things I want to say.  
Today's work day was great because everyone pitched in and got the entire church looking spotless. I got the particularly glamorous job of cleaning the toilets. Then we had our final sports camp night. 
God truly moved at Faith EFC tonight, despite the distractions and lack of focus of many of the kids. There were a lot of great conversations going on, and at least a few children who gave their lives to Jesus. So praise God for that. 
Tonight, I felt closer to God in a more active, personal way than I have this week.  When story time finished, I noticed several of my teammates engaged in deep conversations, one with a girl I've been praying for all week. I really wanted to do something to help, but there wasn't anything I could do--or so I thought at first. But then I felt something telling me to sit down and pray. So I did, for as long as Hayley, Tiffany, and Cassie were talking to the kids. And I actually felt Gods presence there, with me and with them. He was definitely moving at our sports camp today, and in our team time afterward where we talked about how to carry this trip back to our youth group in Atlantic. 
God truly is fantastic, and I'm so glad he let me and all of us be here to see him work this week.

Signing off,

Hannah McLean and the Atlantic E-Free Youth Group

No comments:

Post a Comment