Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 4 -- I myself will

Today in our devo time we talked a lot about sheep and read several passages about sheep; in our team devo time we even colored and cut out a picture of a sheep. Lots of sheep :)
One passage we looked at was Ezekiel 34 and when I read verse eleven, it stuck with me.  In the New Living Translation:
"For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search and find my sheep."
The duality of sovereignty and intimacy hit me.  The sovereign Lord, the Creator of the universe, has said that He, Himself, will search and find those He has claimed for Himself and care for them. As I continued to read that passage I noticed how many times God said "I will...".  I counted the phrases, it's 12 times in six verses (11-16).  Truly, how great is our God?

This year we have fewer kids than last year's VBS and while at first it seemed disappointing it didn't stay that way for long. God orchestrates all details to work together, I've been reminded of this so many times this week, and that includes the VBS attendance numbers. I believe with my whole heart that God did give us a smaller group of kids this year intentionally.  Among other reasons, one of the BUMPers has had the opportunity to walk through the night one-on-one with a kid whose heart is primed for hearing and receiving God's truths.  Had we had a larger group, this young man very likely would have gotten lost in the shuffle.

God knows.  He loves us so much and will seek us, find us, and take care of us.  The almighty God will take care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment